Betting real money on sports is one of the world’s favourite pastimes. Sports enthusiasts in Nigeria bet daily to make extra cash, test their knowledge of sports, or enjoy the added thrill and excitement that comes with betting.
Not only does sports betting make watching sports that much more exciting, but it can also be very lucrative for those who take the time to learn about odds, pick winners, and research teams. Along with the knowledge of the sports, it is important to have an idea of how to place the right bet at the right time.
Here are the top five betting tips you need to know to win in 2019.
1. Always do proper research before betting: It is best to carry out research before placing a bet. Gather relevant information about the teams or sports event you want to bet on. Doing this will give you better insight into a fixture, allowing you to place a well-informed bet.
2. Limit the number of bets: People get excited when they watch the team they’re betting on win. Often, this leads to them placing multiple bets at the same time. This excitement can be short-lived if they lose. To be on the safe side, always limit your number of selections to a particular number, 10 at most. That way, you reduce your chances of losing.
3. Familiarise yourself with features and promos: To fully enjoy sports betting, you have to familiarise yourself with the features and promos on each platform. With features like ‘Book-a-Bet’, ‘Cash Out’, ‘Money Back’ and ‘4-To-Score’, the Betway platform offers the best promotions for every sport enthusiast.
4. Pay attention to the odds: Look at the odds of winning or losing the bet when placing your bet. They will likely be very close, but some will be higher than others, affording you the opportunity to reap a higher reward should your bet be successful. Keep in mind, the higher the odds the higher the risk.
5. Use extra cash: Sports betting can be very rewarding when you win. It can also be very painful when you lose. To be on the safe side, always bet with extra cash and not your salary or money that you cannot afford to lose such as your child’s school fees.
To get started, visit www.betway.com.ng where Betway is currently offering a 1% refund on all bets placed throughout the month of January.
Ⓒ Copyright NET News Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Please use sharing tools. Do not cut, copy or lift any content from this website without our consent.