The funeral rites of late reggae legend, Ras Kimono will begin on the 17th of August with a social wake keep in his Magodo residence in Lagos.
This is according to a statement by Mr Theophilus Ehizibue, a spokesperson for the family of the reggae icon who also assured that the Delta and Lagos state governments would fully participate in his final burial rites.
Mr Ehizibue said that week-long schedule of events for the burial of the late Kimono who passed on in June this year would culminate with his internment on August 25 at his hometown, Onicha-Olona in Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State.
The timetable of activities to honour the late Rub-a- Dub master is as follows:
* Monday, August 20 – Premier Music Tribute Night (Freedom Park, Lagos)
* Tuesday, August 21 – Association of Music Band Organisation of Nigeria (AMBON) Tribute Nite (Freedom Park, Lagos)
* Wednesday, August 22 – Tribute at Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) House Ikeja, Lagos
* Thursday, August 23 – 9 am – 12 noon, Lying – In – State (The Blue Roof Arena of Lagos Television, Agidingbi, Ikeja). Body Leaves for Asaba, Delta state to be received by the Delta State Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.
* Friday, August 24 – Procession By Rasta Confraternity of Africa to the Cenotaph in Asaba where there will be another lying in state. There will also be a Wake-Keeping at his hometown in Onicha-Olona.
* Saturday, August 25 – Interment at his family compound in Onicha-Olona.
The music icon passed away suddenly on June 10, after he reportedly suffered a heart attack on his way to the airport where he was scheduled to travel to the United States for a concert with another reggae legend Majek Fashek.
Ⓒ Copyright NET News Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Please use sharing tools. Do not cut, copy or lift any content from this website without our consent.