On Monday 18th December, Burna Boy was arraigned at the Ikeja Magistrate Court for his role in the robbery attack against Mr 2Kay in October. He had been remanded in police custody since Friday night, having been earlier declared wanted for his role in the attack that left fellow Port Harcourt raised singer Mr 2Kay badly battered and bruised.
In the days following the incident, three suspects were arrested by the police and in a confessional statement, all of them named Burna Boy as the individual who sponsored the attack, through his manager Joel Kantiock.
Joel was subsequently arrested and paraded with the suspects at a press briefing by the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Edgar Imohimi.
In a twist however, at the first hearing of the case in court, Joel Kantiock and Burna Boy were excluded from the case note; leading many fans and observers see it as a ploy to exonerate them both from the issues- which the police had earlier named them as suspects.
Mr 2Kay in his part had told NET in an exclusive interview that Joel Kantiock on the night of the event, had followed him to his room, which makes him convinced that he had something to do with the robbery. The police investigation that followed proved him right.
But now, sources from his camp have expressed their concern at the turn of events. An insider told us that Joel Kantiock is central to the case and his sudden disappearance is worrisome. ‘The question is, where’s Joel? The police say he’s in custody but no one has seen him. This is the second time in a row the matter would be heard in court and he would be absent. It is worrisome. We hope that justice will not be averted at this rate.’
Since his bail, Burna Boy had been quiet on the matter; contrary to his declaration that he was going to reveal all that happened that night, to prove his innocence.
I’ve tried to remain silent because as you all know, plenty talk no dey full basket but Today we go use bucket pack am. Lies and politics have surrounded my name this past few weeks but today you will hear THE TRUTH & I will start from the truth behind the SHOW “Postponement”❗️
— Burna Boy (@burnaboy) December 14, 2017
The case returns to court on December 29, 2017.
Ⓒ Copyright NET News Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Please use sharing tools. Do not cut, copy or lift any content from this website without our consent.