French Rappers Booba and Kaaris Remanded In Jail For A Month After Their Paris Airport Fight Caused Flights To Be Cancelled

Posted on August 05 2018 , at 10:14 am
Read more

Two of Frances’ biggest rap stars Booba and Kaaris, who were involved in a brawl that caused delayed flights which forced a partial shutdown of a Paris airport have been ordered to spend a month in custody.

Read: French Rappers Booba and Kaaris Engage In Disgraceful Airport Brawl

The commotion caused by both rappers at Orly airport happened on Wednesday in a departure hall packed with holidaymakers, some of whom filmed the incident on their phones as the rivals and their entourages fought across shelves of perfume and souvenirs at a duty-free store.

A French judge on Friday said “persistent animosity between the two groups” and the risk of further altercations meant the rappers and nine others should remain in detention until the next hearing on September 6.

Both rappers had been due to perform on Wednesday evening in Barcelona and Booba said during the hearing that “What happened is inexcusable, regrettable,” making reference to the travelling families, working people and children who were there at the time while Kaaris said that “everything is over, everything is calm” now.

Booba, 41, reportedly fell out with Kaaris, 38, after failing to support him in a dispute with fellow French artist Rohff who was sentenced to five years in jail last November for aggravated assault in a clothes boutique owned by Booba.

Kaaris’ lawyers Arash Derambarsh and Yacine Yakouti argued the rapper was “taken aside by Booba, who insulted his child and his wife” before several people “jumped on him”.  He added the assailants used perfume and glass bottles as weapons.  Booba’s lawyer Yann Le Bras responded by telling BFM TV the video footage showed it was Kaaris and his group whose behaviour had been “very aggressive”.

Orly airport said in a statement that the fight had damaged Orly’s image, “endangered the lives of others”, and it was lodging a public order complaint after the fracas forced officials to temporarily shut down the departures hall. Air France has also made a complaint.

Fourteen people were initially placed in police custody on Wednesday afternoon, with two released on Thursday morning.  The detainees face up to seven years in prison and a fine of 100,000 euros.

Ⓒ Copyright NET News Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Please use sharing tools. Do not cut, copy or lift any content from this website without our consent.

COMMENT

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

More related posts